Re: keyboard lock

Gustavo Zacarias (gustavo@movi.com.ar)
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 11:47:06 -0300

Rentals Micro wrote:

> On a Compaq Deskpro EP/SB series with PII 400/100MHZ & 64MB machine,
> when booting RedHat Linux 5.1 or 5.2 (I don't try other linux
> distributions), sometimes the keyboard will be locked and not response
> to any keypress after login prompt displayed on the screen, sometimes
> everything is ok, why?

I'm getting the same behaviour on the same machine (but with
celeron-300a).
The kernel message is a "keyboard timeout [2]", just after the apm bios
message.
If i get this once, the keyboard will work correctly.
It i get it twice it wont work at all.
The bootup password (CMOS) is enabled.
The keyboard is a compaq kb-3926.
I'm using kernel 2.2.0pre7-ac2, compiled UP.
It "seemed" (no heavy testing) to happen less on kernel 2.2.0pre6-ac2.
If anyone needs any extra info just ask.

----
Gustavo Zacarias <gustavo@movi.com.ar>
ICQ #24135707 [Hans]
----