Re: multi-head + multi-keyboard & mice?

Vojtech Pavlik (vojtech@twilight.ucw.cz)
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 02:17:18 +0100

On Wed, Jan 13, 1999 at 06:08:31PM -0700, Brad Midgley wrote:

> i'm interested to hear what you are doing. i've worked a little bit with
> the ggi-console project which also aims to accomplish this. i wasn't aware
> of work by paul m. toward it.

At this moment I'm doing clean low level drivers for all the input device
drivers. I'll be using a protocol based on the current joystick driver
implementation, also by me.

At this moment I have a working reimplementation of the Aux and Kbd ports,
and support for keyboards and mice in any combination over any of them.

Also, I have many drivers for various joysticks, just waiting to be incorporated
into a more generic scheme.

Some serial devices (in addition to the already working SpaceOrb) are scheduled
to be implemented tomorrow, including PnP serial mice and things like SpaceMouse.

What I've delayed for later is the console related stuff, eg, event filtering
and distribution, though I already do have some ideas about how to implement
that.

Any more questions?

And, do you want Paul's patches?

Vojtech