Re: feedback for 2.2pre5

Alexander V. Voinov (avv@quasar.ipa.nw.ru)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:47:55 +0000

> Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > I'm going to be extremely rude to people who knew better but didn't
> test out the pre- kernels and then send me bug-reports on the released
> 2.2.0.

Problem with 3com 100mbit card 3c59x:

Two machines under Linux, A and B are connected with a piece of
appropriate cable.
Machine A (2.2.0pre5) has also a second card, connecting it to a LAN.
B (2.0.36) is connected only to A though an instance of the same 3c59x
card.

When A is up and running and B is booted up, it doesn't see A until

ifdown eth0
ifup eth0

is performed on A.
Even in this case A says that 'network is unreachable'.

Nothing of what is described happens when 2.0.36 is booted on A.

Alexander