Re: ISSUE: 2.2.0-pre6 NFS client problems

Jeff Uphoff (juphoff@transmeta.com)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:16:04 -0800 (PST)

"FR" == Fred Richardson <frichard@cyan.bbn.com> writes:

FR> | r> (2.2) `statd' problem?
FR> | r> kernel: nfs_stat_to_errno: bad nfs status return value: 116
FR> | r> The NFS stat problem seems to have occured after
FR> | r> installing knfsd-981204. I was trying to deal with the
FR> | r> first problem.

JU> | This has nothing to do with statd. stat != statd.

FR> Any idea what might cause this problem? Is it a common one?

It's in linux/fs/nfs/nfs2xdr.c: there's a translation "between nfs
status return values and the local errno values which may not be the
same" (quotes indicate code comments).

If it runs into something it couldn't look up in the table then it spits
out this error message. I've seen it a fair number of times myself....

--Up.