Re: 2.2.0-pre6 VM slow?

Christopher Curtis (ccurtis@aet-usa.com)
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:53:23 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Dax Kelson wrote:

> Try pre7 and post your results, pre7 has much better interactive
> performance (in my experience).

Ow.

I applied the patch and rebooted. wdm started. mouse would not move.
Log in from another machine. su. killall wdm. dpkg -r wdm. (didn't
want it anyway). Back to my machine, on tty1. Hit Alt-F2, there's
garbage after the login prompt. Hit backspace many times, Enter. OOPS!

Alt-SysReq-B. Wait for disk check.

I don't think I like pre-7. It seems like it's running right now, but I'm
guessing that it's not going to be very stable. I didn't record the OOPS
info, sorry. I will if it happens again and I can see it.

This didn't happen last time (when dpkg installed wdm).

regards,
Christopher (still not on the list).