Re: vger.rutgers.edu/mailing list

Brian Gerst (bgerst@quark.vpplus.com)
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 18:02:36 -0500

David S. Miller wrote:
> Actually, we do this fanout already by toplevel domain.
>
> There is a slight problem, there are two highly problematic domains,
> these are .org and .net The problem is that there is no direct
> geographic correspondance for them.

One thing I see now that I examine the mail headers more closely, is
that I am receiving linux-kernel via listserv.funet.fi:

10:59:06 -0500

This means that mails are being bounced across the Atlantic *twice*
(vger->Finland->Detroit). Are there any repeaters in North America?

I did notice that since the weekend, the list has been flowing much
better, presumably because of restricting CVS access on vger. Time to
seperate the list and CVS on different machines?

--

Brian Gerst