Re: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux

Joel Klecker (jk@espy.org)
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 20:27:17 -0800

At 16:11 +1100 1999-01-10, Craig Sanders wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 04, 1999 at 11:12:32PM +0300, Khimenko Victor wrote:
>> Debian with it's perl-based startup system is even worse. Since this
>> is religion this aspect is not touched in FHS :-((
>
>debian does not have a "perl-based startup system" (or if it does,
>you have to go override the default and install something other than
>sysvinit).

When I first started with Debian (bo, 1.3), the `start-stop-daemon'
program was written in perl, but nothing else in the init scripts
used/uses perl. `start-stop-daemon' in now written in C, and has been
since hamm (Debian 2.0).

--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                     <URL:http://web.espy.org/>
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                  <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>