Re: [Off-Topic] Distribution 2.2-ready

Konrad Holzbauer (konrad.holzbauer@80045.regensburg.baynet.de)
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 17:57:10 +0100

On Sat, 09 Jan 1999, Benjamin Scherrey wrote:
>Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Suse still libc5? Personally I don't
>even want to mess with anything other than glib at this point in time.. i.e. I'm
>trying to keep up to date.

SuSE 5.3 was, 6.0 is glibc2!

>> Suse 6.0 claims to be 2.2-ready. (And it rocks, too! ;o)

Oh yes, I have to correct You: SuSE 6.0 is glibc2. I was lucky to get one of
the German Version - You will have to wait until end of january for the
international versions.

And: it is definitely 2.2-ready: I am currently running it with 2.2.0-pre6 and
everything works as it should work. (Except OSS/Free but I havenīt fiddled
around with it yet - and ISDN has some flaws, but thats not SuSEs fault ;-)

greetings
Konrad