Re: reproducible filesystem corruption with 2.0.37pre4

Mr. James W. Laferriere (babydr@nwrain.net)
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 13:23:37 -0800 (PST)

Hello Carlos, The statement below of always on block group 17
would lead me to beleive that the HD has a weak spot at that
location . When you e2fsck that partition are you shutting down
down or are you umounting it ? If shutting down watch your screen
output carefully & see if possibly that that partition is really
being umounted , there was a rash of 'Not being umounted at
shutdown' a few months back . If you umount it and then e2fsck
the drive and get the error repeatedly then I'd start suspecting
the drive is having problems , I'd then recommend replacing it.