Re: [Off-Topic] Distribution 2.2-ready

kernel@whitestar.soark.net
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 07:33:51 -0500

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Alexandre Hautequest wrote:

>Is there any linux distribution 2.2-ready, that cames with
>updated-binutils, updated-pppd, and so on, to match 2.2 requeriments?

Debian slink (Currently frozen, hopefully will be released soon) is
mostly 2.2.x ready, there are a few issues (As I'm quite sure there are
with the other dists) such as DHCP which may not function properly..

However a number of the developers (myself included) have been running
2.1.x kernels for a while, and even more who are now on the 2.2.0 pre
kernels..

However if you run into any problems with Debian related with the 2.2.x
kernels feel free to drop me a note, and I'll see what I can do to help.

Zephaniah E, Hull.
(A debian developer)