Re: Sparc Sun4 Kernel Status

Mr. James W. Laferriere (babydr@nwrain.net)
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 14:27:08 -0800 (PST)

Hello All, But I thought I heard some very long time ago
that the sparc CVS-vger tree was compiling corectly .
What's been the trouble with Syncing between vger & kernel.org ?

I just got done yesterday compiling up 2.2.0-pre5 vger-cvs
on a super sparc 600 mp ie: a vme single board system .
It has been running quite well since . JimL

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Anton Blanchard wrote:
> > What is the Sparc Sun4 Kernel status on 2.2prexx. I have had no success at
> > compiling any of the 2.2pre or ac past 2.1.131. Anyone have any insight or
> > patches that I should be aware of?
>
> The mainstream kernel sources do not compile for sparc at the moment. You can
> either use the vger CVS tree (see ftp://vger.rutgers.edu/pub/linux/CVS.README)
> or else wait for davem and Linus to sync up.
>
> Anton
>
> -

, JimL