Re: knfsd, quota

Kurt Garloff (K.Garloff@ping.de)
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 13:02:08 +0100

On Thu, Jan 07, 1999 at 12:03:33AM +0100, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> is the url for knfsd in Configure.help up to date ?
> ftp://ftp.mathematik.th-darmstadt.de/pub/linux/okir
> i remember there was a newer version by hj lu or someone ...

Check ftp://ftp.yggdrasil.com/private/hjl/
Yes, Configure.help should be updated. linux/Documentation/Changes is up to
date, BTW.

> question about quota :
> does quota still work when the filesystem is exported via nfs, kernel nfs
> or smb ? should quota be enabled in the nfs client kernel, too ?
> (the local filesystems of the client to not need quota).
> what does rpc.rquotad ?

I can only guess, here. I think the NFS server will check for quotas. If a
client exceeds the quota, it will be reported some error code, but I don't
know if the NFS protocol has an own code for "quota exceeded" and if the
kernel of the client needs to have quota enabled to correctly interpret it.

Really only a guess.

--
Kurt Garloff <kurt@garloff.de>                           [Dortmund, FRG]
Plasma physics, high perf. computing              [Linux-ix86,-axp, DUX]