Re: Soundcard (YMH719) problems after 2.2.0pre1

Ben Hutchings (womble@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 22:19:42 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Mike Leddy wrote:

> [Also the opl3sa2 module now complains:
> No Yamaha audio controller found
> opl3sa2.c: chipset version = 7
> It never used to and that's a little strange since none of the pre2.2.0
> patches have
> touched the opl3sa2.c source file - I expect its some type of side
> effect]
<snip>

I had a similar case here. It's fixed in pre5.

> Board 1 has Identity 81 ff ff ff ff 20 00 a8 65: YMH0020 Serial No -1
<snip>

Same identity as for my sound card. My card's packaging says it has an
OPL3-SAx, and you seem to be sure that's what you've got. In pre5,
version 7 is identified as OPL3-SA3. I suspect that this is wrong. I
did suggest that the numbers 1, 2 and 4 which were considered `version
numbers' in pre4 might actually be flags. Does anyone believe that?

--
Ben Hutchings, software engineer | web site to be reconstructed at some time
womble@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk | Team *AMIGA* | Jay Miner Society - www.jms.org