Re: 2.1.132 printing

Mofeed Shahin (shahin@labf.org)
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 20:54:43 +1030 (CST)

> On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, Mofeed Shahin wrote:
>
> > And these are from the bootup :
> > Jan 5 23:03:34 tt2 kernel: pty: 256 Unix98 ptys configured
> > Jan 5 23:03:34 tt2 kernel: request_module[parport_lowlevel]: Root fs not mounted
>
> I don't know about 'Root fs not mounted', but it doesn't look like you
> have the following line in your conf.modules:
>
> alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
>
> (assuming you are running on an architecture with a PC-style port).
>
> If you still have problems after adding that, try reading
> Documentation/parport.txt.

Thanks fellas, But I didn't actually have the printer port compiled as a
module.

I did find the problem though. The problem was that in 2.0.36 LPT1 was set
to /dev/lp1 , but under 2.1.132 it is set to /dev/lp0.

Hmmm, well the other possibility is that I may have done something wrong.
(you never know).

Cheers Mof.