Re: Pb while compiliing 2.2.0pre4

Kris Karas (ktk@ktk.bidmc.harvard.edu)
Thu, 07 Jan 1999 14:28:28 -0500

christophe.leroy5@capway.com wrote:

> While compiling 2.2.0pre4, I got at the final link:[...]
> That's because patch creates arch/i386/lib/checksum.S
> and erases arch/i386/lib/checksum.c, but leaves it with a zero
> size, so Make uses size 0 checksum.c to build checksum.o

There's an option you can give to patch(1), -E, which causes it to remove
empty files when the result of patching deletes all remaining lines in the
file. Re-patch your kernel. The patch-kernel script uses both the -E and -N
options.

Kris

--
Kristofer Karas                           *      kXtXk@bigfoot.com (delete X's)
AMA/CCS DoD RF900RR HawkGT !car           *    Senior systems engineer/SysAdmin