Re: Socket Destroy Delayed in 2.2.0pre1 and 2.2.0pre3

Mike (mike@oakley.keble.ox.ac.uk)
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 12:26:53 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, Bastard Operator from Hell wrote:

> I have two PPro SMP systems with 3c905 NICs which exhibit this problem
> ("Socket Destroy Delayed" messages in syslogd kern). It started with
> 2.2.0pre1 and is still there with 2.2.0pre3. I didn't even try
> 2.2.0pre2. One motherboard is a SuperMicro and the other is Tyan. Both
> kernels are static (not modular) with the minimum amount of goodies.
> Anyone else seeing these errors? Try syslogging kern.* to
> /var/log/kernel and take a look. Thanks!

Yes, and I have been since 2.1.100 odd. They seem to be completely
harmlees though.

--
Mike <rickettm@ox.compsoc.net>

There is one difference between a tax collector and a taxidermist -- the taxidermist leaves the hide. -- Mortimer Caplan