Re: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 21:00:31 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 2 Jan 1999, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

> Because of this, I refuse to ever mention any of the GNU and FSF
> issues to anybody learning about the system. You don't even deserve

Nobody ask you to use gcc or its derivates. Nobody ask you to use bash.
Nobody ask you to use emacs. Nobody ask you to use everything developed by
GNU. Feel free to not use them and ignore GNU.

BTW, I am _sure_ you never took a look at the gcc sources. Please take a
look at it, try hacking it. Then you' ll start using GNU/Linux.