Re: short display with 2.1.132-ac3, matroxfb and XF86_SVGA 3.3.3

storner@image.dk
1 Jan 1999 23:13:06 +0100

In <Pine.LNX.3.95.990101095353.9791C-100000@penguin.transmeta.com> Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com> writes:

>Good. However, some interaction does seem to exist, as I've gotten reports
>of the Matrox X server being extremely slow to paint the screen with the
>new framebuffer code as of 2.1.132. That must be something else than just
>modeswitching.

I sent in one of those reports. Some testing I did over Christmas revealed that
the problem exists ONLY when I use the Accelerated X server (v. 4.1.2) combined
with the matroxfb framebuffer console.

matroxbf and the XFree86 SVGA server (v 3.3.3) get along just fine, it seems.
So that's what I'm running now :-)

All of this on a Matrox G200 AGP card, running 1024x768.

--
Henrik Storner
                         Praeterea censeo, Microsoftem esse delendam!