Re: I vote for incrimenting the version number to 3.0.0, Re:

Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com)
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 21:52:05 +0000 ( )

Windows 1.0 -> 2.0 -> 3.0 -> 3.1 -> 3.11 -> NT 3.5.1 -> 95 -> NT 4.0 -> 98
-> 2000

A little out of order? And why did they skip versions 6 - 94? ;-)

Versions 99-1999? I believe those were the betas of NT 5 ;-)

It gets even more confiusing when you add in WinCE (WINCE), then you have
repetitive versioning :)