Re: "ps" has no option for displaying all processes on the system

Major'Trips' (major@jimco-fwt.com)
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 16:45:18 -0600

On Tue, Dec 29, 1998 at 02:39:35PM +0100, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> In article <cistron.Pine.GSO.3.96.981229175624.1923A-100000@gem>,
> Prasun Kapoor <prasun@wipinfo.soft.net> wrote:
> >Going through the man page for "ps" on a red hat release 2.0.32, it doesnt
> >seem to have an option for printing all the processes on the system.
>
> What does this have to do with kernel development? You're on the
> wrong list I think ..
>
> >"ps a " gives only processes that have an associated tty. So I cannot do
> >something like "ps -ef | grep inet" (in solaris) to find out if the inet
> >daemon is running or not!
>
> Try "ps ax" or "ps aux" or for even more fun "ps axf"

While ps axf is fun .. You really need some good hideous
enviroment variables in there as well .. why not something
trully nausiating.... "ps axf ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

--
   "Reality is what you can get away with!"
                      ++Robert Anton Wilson