Re: Task switching and Katmai

Henrik Olsen (henrik@iaeste.dk)
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 15:25:15 +0000 ( )

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Who is responsible for the task switching under Linux? (I mean who wrote
> > it?) I like to know when they will add support for Katmai. Can anyone point
> > to intel website about in depth technical information about the Katmai
> > processor?
> >
> > Katmai will be a real performance booster.
>
> Chuckle, pray - how do you know that when you dont even know where the
> specification is ;)
>
> Alan
Because Intel said so, and what they say it true?

Somehow I put more trust in statements such as "The AMD K7 will be a real
performance booster, 'cause the prototype they had running at 500MHz back
in October has already shown that" than statements such as "Katmai will be
a real performance booster, I've heard about the cool new opcodes and they
sound fast" :)

--
Henrik Olsen,  Dawn Solutions I/S
URL=http://www.iaeste.dk/~henrik/