Re: Outdated ./linux/Documentation/memory.txt

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl)
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 21:59:50 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, Bert-Jan Steerneman wrote:

> While I was browsing thru the Documentation directory, I read
> Documentation/memory.txt and saw that it wasn't correct anymore.
> It still says that linux can't detect more then 64 mb. I included
> an updated version with this mail.

Actually, on some systems (mine, for example) Linux
still can't detect more than 64 MB of memory. We
probably want to change the 4th item to something
more appropriate though. Thanks for pointing that
one out!

What also would be a good idea is to point people
to the Linux-MM page for more details :)

cheers,

Rik -- the flu hits, the flu hits, the flu hits -- MORE