Re: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux

Mike A. Harris (mharris@ican.net)
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 03:12:58 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 19 Dec 1998, Jon Hamilton wrote:

>Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 19:13:26 -0600
>From: Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>
>To: Aaron Lehmann <aaronl@vitelus.com>
>Cc: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
>Subject: Re: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux
>

>In message <Pine.LNX.4.05.9812200033160.613-100000@vitelus.com>, Aaron Lehmann
>wrote:
>} I have to agree that it that GNU has little right to demand a GNU/ prefix
>} on everything that ships which contains their code, especially with their
>} very free license.
>}
>} However, GNU/Linux is really the correct terminology assuming your
>} distribution is half made up of GNU tools.
>
>I don't call my PC an "ASUS/AMD/AMI/Samsung/Intel" machine, do you?

AMD and Intel in one machine? Hmmm. That's quite a strange
machine.. ;o)

We should start a new foundation called GNL. And then make a
distribution called GNL/Linux. GNL of course stands for:

"GNL's Not Linux"

;o)

--
Mike A. Harris  -  Computer Consultant  -  Linux advocate

Linux software galore: http://freshmeat.net