Re: Second Thought (Re: Re[2]: Small error?? in IDE dma processing?)

Mark Lord (mlord@pobox.com)
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 16:42:44 -0500

"Andre M. Hedrick" wrote:

> First lets run some system crashes...........(which I did)....even worse!!
>
> Then look at the ATA/ATAPI-4 spec T13-1153D Revision 17 30-Oct-97 page 234,
> again. The flow charts on DMA procedure to my reading again (not late at
> night in a dimly lit room at 1am).
> Both branches of the test 0IEN=0 :
>
> At test DEVICE: nIEN=0 ?
>
> No -> Host : Read of Status register is recommended.
> NOTE : Status register is read to clear pending interrupt.

I have not looked at the DOCs for this, but..

Would you suppose that whatever you are looking at
might mean the "drive status register" (which has
the effect of clearing a pending interrupt)
rather than the DMA status register (which has no effect).

-ml

--
mlord@pobox.com