Re: PATCH: Raw device IO for 2.1.131

Rick Hohensee (humbubba@raptor.cqi.com)
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:19:54 -0500 (EST)

Matthew Brown <mbrown@smartpages.com> wrote:

>> 1) Linus and most of us are not being paid for this, and we are not
>> doing this to sell. There *are* only technical issues.
>
>C'mon. Linus and you are not being paid for this but there are people out
>there who make their living on selling Linux. Linux just for fun, that's
>been quite a while ago.

I use Linux because baboons in suits killed the Amiga. Linux is what
it is because the only people with input to the design are people
capable of implementing the design. If you or Oracle want something,
write it. Or pay to have it written. Or use a market-driven OS from
Redmond.

BTW, if this stuff did get written, would they start calling it
OracLinux ?

You're not into fun? OK, sounds like what you want would be a real chore.
Go for it. Spare us the pitiful "explanations" to Linus.

Rick Hohensee http://cqi.com/~humbubba