Re: [OFFTOPIC] This just in ...

Phil Brutsche (pbrutsch@creighton.edu)
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 00:47:01 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Riley Williams wrote:

> Hi Alan.
>
> > With Microsoft products you have to worry about the unsafe
> > networking practices involved. Actually everything after breaking
> > the shrink wrapping...
>
> I thought they used super-strength shrink-wrap to ensure that wimps
> can't use it...
Nope. They use super-strength shrink-wrap so that the penguins can't
replace all those Windows CDs with Debian (or RedHat, or...) CDs very
easily.

Phil Brutsche

"Be of stout heart, Number One. We've handled the Borg. We can
certainly handle Admiral Jellico." - Jean-Luc Picard

Help stop spam! Visit http://www.cauce.org