Re: ac8 and ac10

A Guy Called Tyketto (bradl@aurania.ml.org)
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 13:22:52 -0800

On Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 03:30:54AM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:

> When you patch use patch -E + whatever other options you use (I would
> guess -p1). Problem is older patch utilities don't automagically delete empty
> files, this doesn't appear to normally cause a problem, however in this case
> it does because checksum.c is left around and is used instead of checksum.S,
> which is the correct file to use. Another way to correct this would be to
> rm arch/i386/checksum.c as I recall.
>
> Stephen

So, to be safe here, which version of patch should be needed for it?
Most (most dists I have seen), are using 2.1b. at ftp.gnu.org:/pub/gnu, there
is patch-2.5. On alpha.gnu.org:/gnu, patch-2.5.3 exists. Which would be
suggested, and should this also be added to Documentation/Changes?

BL.

--
Brad Littlejohn                         | Email:        tyketto@omnilinx.net
Unix Systems Administrator,             |            tyketto@acm.unomaha.edu