Re: ARRGHH !!! Gated is broken again in 2.1.131 ...

Mr. James W. Laferriere (babydr@baby-dragons.com)
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 14:47:29 -0800 (PST)

Hello Alexey,

On Sat, 12 Dec 1998 kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:
> Hello!
>
> > I'm not seeing any MTU's in /proc/net/route , and gated is
>
> Did you set MTU? If you did not, it is not set 8) and mtu is discovered
> dynamically and visible only on cloned routes.
>
> > complaining about 'host bits not zero' (logs at end) .
>
> It is well-known bug in gated. Fix invalid format string in krt_rtread_proc.c
> s/%[0-9][0-9]x/%x/
OK, I think I see the area in 'sscanf(...)' . Their is only one
entry that is numeric in the whole string a '%02x' .

That did the trick with that problem .
But why did this rear it's head after 2.1.125(or so) ?
I have been using 3.5.x series on my 2.1.12x system at home
for some time now . :-}

I think I asked for those patches some time ago , but the
patches you have are for 3.6.a2 . I guess I'll grab them &
try to align them into 3.5.9 &/or 3.5.10 , But there has
been a lot of re-writes in the last few releases .
Heck, I'll just give it a try . ;-)

> It is not 2.1 specific, I saw and fixed this bug in early 1.3 (or even 1.1?
> I do not remember, it was years ago), when RTF_REJECT appeared.
>
> As I understood the case with OSPF is closed. OK.
You mean the one reported by Serguei Koubouchine ?