Re: Linux login security approaches

david parsons (o.r.c@p.e.l.l.p.o.r.t.l.a.n.d.o.r.u.s)
10 Dec 1998 14:05:44 -0800

In article <linux.kernel.199812092109.QAA09100@snappy.wserv.com>,
Jordan Mendelson <jordy@wserv.com> wrote:
>> | Why will the feature be removed ? Thus losing C2 certifiability for
>> | NT??
>> +--->8
>>
>> NT4 has no C2 certifications under its belt. NT3.51 had one.
>
>And yet, NT 4 still manages to find it's way into Fed and Military
>installations... it's amazing how the US Govt breaks it's own policies
>because of Microsoft.

Umm, MS isn't the only people who are getting non C2'ed systems into
military installations. I know of at least one military base that
uses a combination of BSDI (Gauntlet) and Linux (WebShield) machines
to do their network security and antiviral stuff -- I can't say for
Gauntlet, but I *know* that the WebShield box doesn't have a C2
certification.

____
david parsons \bi/ Catches a bunch of annoying virii, too.
\/