Re: CDaudio sound on the CMI8330

Graham TerMarsch (gtermars@home.com)
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 08:36:05 -0800

"John R. Lenton" wrote:
> My sound card is an on-board pnp CMI8330 (which OSS calls
> Audio Excel, for some reason), which I get to work via it
> being a MSS of sorts. Is there any reason I can't get the
> cdrom to play audio through the card? OSS/Linux used to
> manage, but alas no longer. I don't use OSS/Linux anyway,
> but I tried it once or twice.

There's a posting I ran across at DejaNews including a file 'fixcmi.c' that
enables the CD Audio on this card if you've got the ad1848 driver loaded
properly. Note that the address is _hard_coded_ into the program, so be sure
to have it set right when you compile it.

I've been using it here on my Asus P5A-B motherboard with on-board CMI8330
sound and it works great. Lets me finally have my CD-Audio back.

Now if only I could get my Toshiba 6502 CD-Rom to work properly under IDE/SCSI
emulation without hanging my box after resetting the IDE bus.....

--
Graham TerMarsch