Re: ARRGHH !!! Gated is broken again in 2.1.131 ...

Serguei Koubouchine (ksi@gu.net)
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 23:02:04 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Alexey Kuznetsov wrote:

> Hello!
>
> > Does anybody care to fix it? As for now, 2.1.131 (and ac flavours, last
> > tested ac-4) seems to be a rather useless toy...
> >
> > Back to 2.1.129-ac6 which DOES work.
>
> Neither patch-2.1.130 nor patch-2.1.131 did contain any
> changes in networking.
>
> BTW it would be not so bad to enclose to such reports something
> sort of description of symptoms or log samples.

The symptoms are exactly the same as it was before the bug (missing or extra
'!', don't remember which one) has been squashed - gated starts, adds routes
to local interface and that's all. It does neither hear neighbours' OSPF
announces nor sends them itself. No complains, it does run, but routing is
set only to local interfaces.