Re: 2.1.131

T Taneli Vahakangas (vahakang@cs.Helsinki.FI)
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 19:24:46 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Rohit Bhargav wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Keith Duthie wrote:
> > The first patch I sent (which I'm fortunate that noone seems to have read)
> >

> I have 2.1.131 running on my system since yesterday.
> One problem that i have noticed is playing mp3 files on the system is jerky.
> When i boot to 2.0.34 things work just fine.
> i am using mp3studio to play these files.

Do you use ALSA sound driver or the one that comes with the kernel? I'm
using ALSA and the jerkiness is disturbing (e.g. changing workspace in
windowmaker does no good for ears). Oh, and it affects the playing of
.wavs and .mods, too.

If this is a problem with ALSA driver, maybe we should tell them. The most
recent (0.2.0-pre10p1) driver works well with 2.1.127.

Taneli <vahakang@cs.helsinki.fi>