[OFFTOPIC] Re: Linux/98?!?

William Stearns (wstearns@pobox.com)
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 14:02:59 -0500 (EST)

Good day, Jens,

On Sat, 5 Dec 1998 jens@pinguin.conetix.de wrote:

> CUT out of XFree86-3.3.3/README:
>
> 2. Systems XFree86 has been tested on
>
> PC98:
> o Linux/98
> Did I miss something? What is Linux/98 ?

(I'm sending this to head off another off-topic thread).
PC98 appears to be a hardware platform made by NEC for the
Japanese market. While I wasn't able to find specific refernces to it, it
would appear that Linux/98 would be a port to that platform.
I am reasonably confident that it has nothing to do with Windows
98. Please - followups to private mail. This mailing list gets offtopic
_so_ easily.
Cheers,
- Bill