Re: Dumb question: Which is "better" SCSI or IDE disks?

Leonard Zhang System Administrator ISD RVIB (leonardz@rvib2.rvib.org.au)
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 11:35:33 +1000 (AEST)

1. Some hard disk manufactures are using same disk drive (physically) to
make SCSI and ATA. They only change the PCB board.

2. SCSI-1 and SCSI-2 have 8 bit data bus, while ATA have 16 bit data bus.

3. ATA got disk cache built in as well.

4. Some low end of SCSI host card is only 8 Bit card.

Compare by yourself.

Leonard