Re: Internationalizing Linux

Tymm Twillman (tymm@coe.missouri.edu)
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 16:10:18 -0600

So now we require anyone who writes a device driver/module/etc to put a
unique identifier for every string that they print out? We have enough
trouble with device numbering... Maybe eventually things can be made much
more standard across drivers so that all drivers of a type will present
information in the same way so that something like this can be done;
multiple language support is a great idea in theory, but I just don't see
it happening yet.

-Tymm