Re: /dev/temperature

Frodo Looijaard (frodol@dds.nl)
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 16:07:07 +0100 (CET)

Alain Borel wrote:
> On 03-Dec-98 Roman Drahtmueller wrote:
> > My request for information about CPU-temperature measuring: Results:
> >
> > The package is called "lm78".
> >
> > http://www.netroedge.com/~lm78/
> >

> By the way, does anybody know a driver (or tech info) for the ACOPS98
> system in use on the Gigabyte mainboards? It is not compatible with
> the lm75/78 (as stated on http://www.giga-byte.com/RACOPS2.html)...
> Unfortunatley the word 'patented' appears on said page: this might
> mean 'NDA' in advertising language :-(

If you find the documentation, and are allowed to, please forward a copy
to me (frodol@dds.nl).

We are currently working on version two of lm_sensors (which was previously
called lm78). It uses a driver model, in which both bus drivers and chip
drivers can easily be added. It can use all existing i2c drivers, too:
in the first released version, there will be VIA chipset support, for
example. lm_sensors version 2 will be released somewhere this month.

Frodo

--
Frodo Looijaard <frodol@dds.nl>  PGP key and more: http://huizen.dds.nl/~frodol
  At my homepage you will also find a guide for installing glibc under Linux.