Re: High UID support for Linux

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@noris.de)
4 Dec 1998 04:37:12 +0100

o.r.c@p.e.l.l.p.o.r.t.l.a.n.d.o.r.u.s (david parsons) writes:

> >Let's say libc5 wasn't. glibc (especially 2.1) should be a different story.
>
> I have my fingers and toes crossed that this is the case.
> ____
> david parsons \bi/ I'd be a very happy camper if they published a test
> \/ suite.

These test suite things usually are copyrighted. :-(

There is a test suite in the library itself, but it obviously doesn't cover
all the vagaries of compatibility with different standards. There are many
standards and many ways things can go wrong...

Writing tests for them is a singularily boring job which I, for one, gladly
leave to people who get paid for it.

--
Matthias Urlichs  |  noris network GmbH   |   smurf@noris.de  |  ICQ: 20193661