Re: win chip???

Chris Wedgwood (cw@ix.net.nz)
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 08:39:37 +1300

On Wed, Dec 02, 1998 at 07:03:52PM +0000, Roger Gammans wrote:

> [1] Assuming the the V32/34/90 protocols aren't covered by
> patents. And other awkward opensource stuff.

Not sure about V.xx protocols, but K56Flex and x2 have some really
anal licensing requirements which would pretty much screw you (Bay
got bitten by this with their once way custom modem chip sets U
believe).

Since these two camps make up most of the v.90 effort, I wouldn't be
on that having some kind of patent about making noises to send data
down a phone line or worse....

-cw