Re: Serious Module problem in 2.1.129

Jim Woodward (jim@jim.southcom.com.au)
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 11:35:53 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Shaya Potter wrote:

> Hi, I just downloaded the patch for .129 in hopes of curing the problems
> I've been having with sb.o module. However, it's worse now. Most of my
> modules fail depmod -a now, including sb.o. I haven't had time to

Well i downloaded and setup 2.1.129 last night.. i got sound working ok..
Quake was still scratchy buth other apps worked flawlessly (havent tried
real-audio)

im using the sb.o as well..

but i had to do the following to get it to work effectivly (or at all) :)
----

insmod soundcore.o
insmod soundlow.o
insmod sound.o
insmod uart401.o
insmod sb.o irq=5 io=0x220 dma=1 dma16=5

----

a bit of trial and error.. since im new to 2.1.xxx - been using 2.0.36 but
as 2.1 series is getting more and more bug free (?) :)
i decided to give it a shot and see wht i was missing..

only thing left to do is move all my ipfwadm rules over to ipchains..
(ive tried the wrapper but takes a loooooong time translating ipfwadm
syntax to ipchains with my rulseset script)
:)

Regards, Jim.

__ name: james woodward (jim)
/ . _ _ email: jim@jim.southcom.com.au, jim@woodward.southcom.com.au