Re: Linux-2.1.129.. not quite 2.2 yet, I hope.

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 15:04:12 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, David Woodhouse wrote:

> torvalds@transmeta.com said:
> > And the UP flu is fixed (not in 2.1.129, but elsewhere).
>
> I saw a patch on linux-kernel which involved commenting out hard_idle(). Was
> that it, or was it elsewhere?

No, the UP flu is a patch to arch/i386/kernel/fork.c and entry.S, it's a
missing "current" initialization after a fork. I've posted two copies to
linux-kernel (the first one with a obvious bug that caused it to not link
due to me forgetting to update the name in the ".globl" declaration).

Linus