Re: new processes very slow on otherwise responsive system (2.1.

Petko Manolov (petkan@varel.bg)
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 15:21:09 +0200

Alex Buell wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Steven N. Hirsch wrote:
>
> > egcs-1.1b was unable to produce an operational 2.1.127 for me. It
> > panics when mounting the root filesystem. I had to revert back to

I use egcs/pgcc for almost a year and everything compiled with -O2
is stable (kernel, glibc, etc.). I use it even on my servers without
problem. I have no problems and with -O6 for pure "C", but there is
some differences between gcc and egcs about extended assembler.

regards

--
Petko Manolov - petkan@varel.bg
http://www.varel.bg/~petkan