Re: IDE interrupt masking and serial ports (was Re: Lockout duringheavy

Mark Lord (mlord@pobox.com)
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 16:08:55 +0000

Tuukka Toivonen wrote:

> Well how do you explain that my HDs work fine with hdparm -u1 but my
> CD-ROM does *not*?
>
> It's Mitsumi CR2801TE CD-R drive, and it corrupts silently data with
> unmasked IRQs while reading -- I haven't had any writing problems.
>
> Don't say it's unrelated to topic just because it happens to be CD not HD.

Well, if you are *able* to write to it, then you must be using
the ide-scsi driver rather than the normal ide driver,
so the interrupt-unmasking is done quite differently in scsi..

--
mlord@pobox.com