Re: UP flu

George Bonser (grep@shorelink.com)
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 01:13:32 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> Okay, more info :) It seems to only happen (I think) when I am playing a
> sound...

It dies here and I do not have sound configured at all. It just seems that
the darned thing can not get to disk. Running processes seem to be OK, two
tops on different VC's update fine, they are getting scheduled. It seems
to be when something needs to do disk I/O to me. I run cnews here and it
seems that batching will sometimes trigger it. It takes me too darned long
to make kernels on this machine, I will test on a 200MHz 6x86MX tomarrow
with even less RAM (32MB). Seems to me that big memory machines don't seem
to have the problem as much as small RAM machines.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!