Re: 2.1.128 Lock (could we see the pre-127-[456] patches please?

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 10:49:39 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, David Woodhouse wrote:

> As it seems that the problem was introduced between 2.1.127-pre-2 and
> 2.1.127-pre-7, it would probably be useful to test the intermediate patches and
> establish exactly when it started.
>
> Linus, would it be possible to release those ones, please?

I'd love to, but I never save them myself, other than by putting them on
ftp (and I obviously don't put all of them up for ftp either). One thing
to test is to check whether pre-3 shows the problem (just take
"spinlock.h" from pre-7 in order to get it to compile on UP).

Linus