Re: 2.1.12[78] and pppd

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl)
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 20:35:30 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Alexander Chernov wrote:

> It seems like serial port support has changed on the latest kernels.
> When pppd (2.3.5) sends initializing commands (ATE0 ...), it does
> not receive the answer from the modem and bails out on timeout.
>
> The same version of pppd worked perfectly on kernels up to
> 2.1.126 (and even to 2.1.127-pre3).
> This behavour persists both on SMP and UP configuration.

I have not seen any of this behaviour with 2.1.128,
in fact I have received your message via PPP on
2.1.128 and you will be receiving the reply via the
same mechanism :)

What are the versions of (g)libc, gcc/egcs, binutils
and other stuff are you using?

cheers,

Rik -- slowly getting used to dvorak kbd layout...