Re: 2.0.pre36-20 breaks ISDN

Paul Slootman (paul@wau.mis.ah.nl)
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 14:28:09 +0100

In article <Pine.LNX.4.02A.9811130418550.15439-100000@mikeg.weiden.de> you write:
>On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Hans-Joachim Baader wrote:
>
>> your latest patch seems quite broken. I tried to connect to my provider
>> and got the following message:
>>
>> isdn_net: ippp0: dial rejected: interface not i n dialmode `auto', send ICMP
>>
>> Rebooted into 2.0.35, and it works normally.
>
>I don't think the patch is broken, rather your utils are out of date.
>`/sbin/isdnctrl dialmode ippp0 auto` should square it away.

Or, if you don't want the autodial function, make a connection with
"isdnctrl dial ippp0" and hangup again with "isdnctrl hangup ippp0".
Don't forget that last one!! It won't hangup by itself when the dialmode
is "manual".

Read Documentation/isdn/README (search for "dialmode").

Paul Slootman

--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands