Re: 2.1.128 Lock

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 01:36:57 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

>under X as usual but I don' t know why...(I am at count=32000 now). Please
>help me to cause arca-20 to fail. Thanks.

Forget that, it hanged 1 msec after the email was sent. I guess the reason
that SMP kernel doesn' t hang is that the updating of
->counter/->need_resched is done by the raw irq handler and not by the
timer_bh. I am not sure though since I had not a lot of time to work on
the problem yet... I hope to can continue tomorrow evening.

Andrea Arcangeli