Re: UP flu

Simon Kirby (sim@netnation.com)
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 21:57:58 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, George Bonser wrote:

> I have seen some responses that some people with multiple systems seem to
> have the problem on some systems yet not on others. One fellow in the
> local LUG reports over two days on a UP .128 kernel under pretty good
> load without trouble. He also has no IDE drives. I am wondering if systems
> with an IDE drive mounted in the command search path or as the swap device
> might be the trouble.
>
> Are the systems that do not show the trouble all SCSI?

No, the first machine I experienced the problem on (after 10 minutes of
uptime, even) was a rather-heavy-loaded system with all SCSI devices
(aic7880p).

Simon-

| Simon Kirby | Systems Administration |
| mailto:sim@netnation.com | NetNation Communications |
| http://www.netnation.com/ | Tech: (604) 684-6892 |