Re: ASM-Code (was:A patch for linux 2.1.127)

Sun, 15 Nov 1998 10:08:23 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Lauri Tischler wrote:

> Andreas Schwab wrote:

> > If you want GAS to accept Intel syntax then go on and implement it. Old
> > versions of GAS didn't accept Motorola syntax either, now it does.
> > Someone just implemented it.
>
> I remember that Intel has copyrighted the mnemonics of their chips and at
> least one company (AvoSet, circa 1985) got into trouble by writing a
> cross-assembler for 8051 chip.

I think that what Intel publishes is copyrighted in the same manner that
Webster's Dictionary is copyrighted. You can certainly use its words.
We have some lawyers on this list who might respond.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.1.127 on an i586 machine (66.15 BogoMips).