Re: 2.1.127 reboots...

storner@image.dk
15 Nov 1998 09:10:32 +0100

In <199811150527.AAA04354@alcove.wittsend.com> "Michael H. Warfield" <mhw@wittsend.com> writes:

[strange slowdowns on 2.1.12[78] compiled without SMP]

> His report may be useless, but we've got a BUNCH of people on 4
>or 5 different threads all chiming in with basically the same problem.
[cut]
> Any thoughts on any way we can isolate this animal better?

Any of you have "Magic SysRq key" enabled ? This could be used to figure
out what the kernel is doing.

I've seen one of these lockups - one of the pre-2.1.127, but also with
some additional patches, and yes: SMP is commented out - and from the
sysrq output I got, it does seem as if the kernel is looping in schedule(),
or something is calling schedule() constantly.

--
Henrik Storner
                              Praetra censeo, Microsoftem esse delendam!